Re: [web-annotation] Functionality: XPath Range Selector

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:36:34 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
@tilgovi pointed out that when these hit the DOM Range API, there's
also a `commonAncestorContainer`  Node involved (and available to that
 API).

As such, we'll need to define how the text content found between
`startPath` and `endPath` is defined, such that we can use a
`TextPositionSelector` accurately (and consistently across
implementations) as a `subSelector` (see #93).

We'll face a similar scenario with CSS Selector in #94.

Not impossible, but needs defining. :smile:

--
GitHub Notif of comment by BigBlueHat
See