Re: Annotate an image fragment inside a html page

I think you are on the right track.  You can use the Scope to identify
the web page you found the image in:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-annotation-model-20141211/#scope-of-a-resource

That means you are annotating the image in the context of the given scope.

If the annotation is describing a connection between the fragment of
the image and the texts, then you might want to also have a second
target which is to the URL for the HTML page (or a SpecificResource
which selects within the HTML). This should also make it easier to
look up annotations "on this page" without having to find all its
constituent images, etc.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab
School of Computer Science