Re: [web-annotation] Annotation protocol available or not?

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:31:02 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
The model can of course be used in any context, for instance we
already use [OA inside a ZIP
file](https://w3id.org/bundle/#manifest-annotations). The ZIP file
does not respond to any annotation protocol.

I have already suggested the `Link` header, which I think is a
sensible way to go from a given document/resource to its preferred
annotation endpoint - but an application could also have its own
favourite/configured annotation endpoint, for instance if you work for
 a pharmaceutical company you would store all annotations on an
in-house server.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by stain
See