Re: [web-annotation] Justify each Motivation with a behavior

From: gsergiu via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 12:21:50 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I give a +1 to @shepazu  's proposal. basin on my comment in #112

By now ... motivation has near 0 value for the computer and a vague
clue for to the user, indicating why another user chose to create the
annotation... (by now ... motivation seems to be nothing more than a
simple tag ...)

In my opinion motivation values should come from a controlled
vocabulary, which define clear meanings for the machines (e.g. see for
 example the simple embedded tagging vs. semantic tagging problem).

I do support the idea that the Motivation should encapsulate the
concrete relationships between body, target and external resources.
In my opinion, the old definition/explanation of annotation stating
'the body is most frequently somehow "about" the target' starts to get
 deprecated.

With the introduction of "roles", the specification starts to
emphasize that: "The exact nature of this relationship changes
according to the intention of the annotation". (in which I suppose
that the intention is what we store in the motivation field)....

Br,
Sergiu

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gsergiu
Please view or discuss this issue at