From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Subject: Relation between dqv:qualityAssessment and Web Annotation
motivations
To: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>

Dear all,

Today I had a (live) discussion with Rob Sanderson, chair of the Web
Annotation WG, about Action-208 [1] to see whether they would consider
adding our dqv:qualityAssessment instance of oa:Motivation [2] in their
centralized list of motivations [3].

Rob's answer is that for now it seems better for us to keep our motivation
in our namespace.
>From the semantic perspective, dqv:qualityAssessment is related to
oa:moderating that is defined as
[
The motivation for when the user intends to assign some value or quality to
the Target. For example annotating an Annotation to moderate it up in a
trust network or threaded discussion.
]

It is not clear however whether dqv:qualityassessment is a direct
specialization of oa:moderating, though (ie. whether there should be a
skos:broader between the two). There could be some DQV cases that don't
fit...
So we agreed for the moment skos:closeMatch could be safer.

I've updated our DQV RDF file [4] trying to follow the WA recommendations
for extending motivations [5].

We will probably have to re-examine the two aspect of the discussion (i.e.
inclusion of our motivation in oa:, and relation between the two
motivations) later in the new year.

I believe this would naturally happen when we come back to another WA
motivation-related discussion [6].

Best,

Antoine

[1]  http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/208