Re: [web-annotation] Add `mbox_sha1sum` for the same reason(s) FOAF did

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 08:42:14 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I would prefer not to go into a very complicated research here, mainly
 because many things are changing underneath our feet in this area
(like the FIDO spec that @shepazu referred to). Ie, at this moment, we
 should have a single property whose range we do not define (maybe we
will in later releases). Ie, I agree with @BigBlueHat's opinion:

>So, the only thing I'm really trying to solve is have a unique
identifier for a creator that is not actionable beyond being a thing
to filter by later--which is (afaik) precisely the use case described
in FOAF's mbox_sha1sum (however geeky that key name may be...).

Naming is indeed hard, though... In many respect ``fingerprint`` would
 be descriptive but people might take it in the literal sense which is
 not what we want. But maybe that is still the closest...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at