Re: [web-annotation] Embedding annotations in the target document

From: Sarven Capadisli via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 21:04:25 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
1. The issue asks to document an embedded annotation in target. I have
 provided one. Have I misunderstood what the issue is asking for? What
 I was merely seeking was a way to "enrich" - if you want to call it
that - the target by making the human-readable part as an RDF label.
To simplify my example above, it covers cases where anyone, e.g.,
authors, editors, with the write access to say an HTML+RDFa document
(e.g., the body and target are in the same document) can annotate.

2. @iherman If my example above is on track with this issue, then by
my understanding, your statement "That extra triple is, in a sense,
completely outside of the annotation structure" is in conflict with
this issue :) Having said that, I did realize the importance of your
point, and it made me re-question the whole thing on whether we want
to have targets "annotated" at all. Or is it an exercise of just
linking out to it i.e., hasTarget <IRI>.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by csarven
Please view or discuss this issue at