From: Julie Morris [mailto:Julie@bisg.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:13 AM
To: Web Annotation
Subject: Introduction

Hi, all:

I'm Julie Morris with the Book Industry Study Group<https://www.bisg.org/events/educational-standards-taxonomy-working-group> (BISG), the dominant member-supported, not-for-profit trade association for the publishing industry in the US. Our members include publishers from all sectors of the industry, as well as distributors, wholesalers, retailers, and reading system and other publishing technology companies, and we conduct research, hold events, and form standards and best practices (working on standards critical to the industry such as BISAC and Thema, ONIX, and EPUB) to support greater efficiency for all members of the supply chain.

We participate in the Digital Publishing Interest Group at W3C and are interested in the potential impact of the work of the Web Annotations WG on the publishing industry's options for richer content metadata.

I'll be participating in the WG as much as time allows, and reviewing outcome documents.

Best,
Julie

Julie Morris
Project Manager: Standards & Best Practices
Book Industry Study Group | BISG.org<http://www.bisg.org/>
Tel: 646-336-7141 Ext 14
Email: julie@bisg.org<mailto:julie@bisg.org>