RE: [data-model] Proposed Abstract for Web Annotation Data Model Spec

Doug – to elaborate … the first picture in the model is this:

[cid:image005.png@01CFFF65.6D2F9B50]

This says unambiguously that an annotation, body, and target, are separate resources.

I realize it says “An annotation is considered to be a set of connected resources, typically including a body and target,”  which is inconsistent with the picture, and I would think one or the other needs to be changed.

If we want an annotation to include the body and target, I would expect a picture like this …

[cid:image006.png@01CFFF65.6D2F9B50]

…. Which introduces a new resource type, AnnotationConnector.    I would not object to changing the model as such, but it may be too late in the game.

Ray