Re: Action Items Status from Shervin

Hello Shervin,

On 2015/12/16 05:24, Shervin Afshar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I could not attend the meeting today, there were some questions about
> action items on my plate which I would like to answer here:
>
> – An introduction document to using GitHub for editorial contribution: I
> haven't started on this yet. I plan to pick this up next week. The topics
> which need to be covered is forking the repository to a repository owned by
> the editor, cloning that repository, creating atomic contribution branches,
> committing changes with meaningful messages and with style considerations
> in place, sending pull requests. I will create a draft document as soon as
> possible and share it with Richard (to edit) and globally (to view).

It would seem to me that there should be enough introductions and
guideline documents to github out there already, so that you could just
give a few pointers.

Also, please note that for very small fixes, just forking, editing
online on the github site, and then issuing a pull request actually works.

Also, the W3C just recently had a "project review" for how to use
github. This was mostly for chairs, but maybe you can extract some
useful bits from there. The slides are at
http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/1217-github-w3c/. For more, please also
check the thread starting at
http://www.w3.org/mid/5668F138.8010001@w3.org and the minutes at
http://www.w3.org/2015/12/17-git-minutes.