RE: [EXT] Re: AI KR , foundation models explained (talking about slippery things

Those AI responses sound exactly like what I’d say to have humans lower their guard if I were a deceitful or deceitfully programmed or trained AI! 😊

Warily,
BobN

From: Owen Ambur <owen.ambur@verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2024 11:31 PM
To: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>; Milton Ponson <rwiciamsd@gmail.com>
Cc: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com; W3C AIKR CG <public-aikr@w3.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: AI KR , foundation models explained (talking about slippery things

The second article concludes with this Q&A: Are mathematicians wasting a lot of time? Oh, very much so. So much knowledge is somehow trapped in the head of individual mathematicians. And only a tiny fraction is made explicit. But the more

The second article concludes with this Q&A:

Are mathematicians wasting a lot of time?

Oh, very much so. So much knowledge is somehow trapped in the head of individual mathematicians. And only a tiny fraction is made explicit. But the more we formalize, the more of our implicit knowledge becomes explicit. So there’ll be unexpected benefits from that.

Aren't we all wasting a lot of time stumbling around trying to figure out what we're trying to accomplish?  Moreover, if we do think we've figured that out, don't we also waste a lot of time and effort: a) trying to comprehend what is required to achieve our objectives and then b) inefficiently and ineffectively trying to marshal the resources to do so?

The irony is that, by alleviating those two issues, AI will give us even more time to waste.  Hopefully, it can also help us figure out how to spend it more wisely in pursuit of our personal and communal objectives.  Those thoughts prompted me to pose these questions to Claude.ai and ChatGPT:

Since AI will give us more free time, can it also help us figure out how best to spend it in support of our personal and community values?

Might it be in the nature of human beings not to spend our time as efficiently and effectively as we might?

Claude.ai concludes:

... while AI could certainly enhance our ability to utilize free time more purposefully, we shouldn't underestimate the very human factors that could limit perfect adherence or efficiency. Perhaps the ideal is for AI to play more of a supportive, customizable role - expanding our choices, but allowing humans to make the ultimate decisions aligning with their innate tendencies as well. Managing expectations appropriately is key.
https://claude.ai/chat/6f3fde24-ffbe-4d7a-b6cd-0869c984271f

Similarly, ChatGPT says:

Ultimately, while AI can significantly assist in optimizing how we spend our time, it is also important to embrace the less efficient aspects of human nature. These aspects often contribute to creativity, relaxation, and personal growth. The goal is not to become perfectly efficient machines but to find a balance that allows for both productivity and the enjoyment of life's spontaneity and imperfections.

I especially like this part of ChatGPT's response:

Connecting Like-Minded Individuals: AI can facilitate networking by connecting you with others who share similar values and interests, fostering collaboration and community building.
https://chatgpt.com/share/866e2295-c476-4a28-bcc4-1a5320fbde79

Lord knows, there is lots of room for improvement along those lines.  My efforts are documented at https://connectedcommunity.net/ & https://aboutthem.info/.

At the latter, a query reveals that only five of the >5.8K plans currently in the StratML collection explicitly cite "mathemeticians" as stakeholders but 263 reference "mathematics" somewhere in their full text.

Owen Ambur
https://www.linkedin.com/in/owenambur/