Re: generative KR 2. a step back

I think your assertion needs better definition. How do you want to define “generative KR” and how does that relate to “algorithm design”?

The paper starts by talking about generalising from numbers to symbols as variables. However, they too don’t define what they mean by “generative”.

Large language models can handle such generalisations using unguided training for the foundation models, followed by reinforcement learning with human feedback, e.g. to deal with exam questions that require step by step answers.

An open question is how to design neural networks capable of reflective cognition for generating and evaluating learning hypotheses.

Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>