Re: environmental surveillance (call me paranoid)

These things have been technically feasible for a long time
The movies often capture and project future scenarios,
do you think Julius Verne
https://www.britannica.com/story/did-jules-verne-invent-the-submarine
knew that someone was designing submarines?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_submarines

Now this Technology is becoming rather popular because it is useful and
very fun (if not used maliciously) and can be made easily, inexpensively

Developed in labs where they do not exactly say what they do (very common)
and deployed without anyone knowing.  There is no legislation to say it
cannot be done and deployed
afaik
especially if the intent is not malicious (survey the crop etc)

I expect a DYI kit to be available online at some point (make your own
fly/bird  drone)

With my engineer hat on, I think these are beautiful and open to creativity
(imagine feathers like this, flying style like this etc).
 As a paranoid citizen, I can only  keep my swimsuit tight on and wonder
where is the world heading

Philosophically, this brings the question of biological and natural reality
becoming mixed with artificial reality.

Psychologically, every time I see a bird perkin on my window sill I feel
alerted to the possibility
and wonder whether I should  seek counselling

 I just wanted to make a note of the eventuality