Re: stable diffusion as a DeepFake machine

Yes, all that applies-

Now, that brings the discussion into another space
what is real, and what is fake? especially in contemporary art?

In the art world, authenticity is key, however
in the age of technological reproducibility, what is a fake?

a painting depicting the famous painting of Mona Lisa may be authentic
painting, (workin on it myself)

Number 1 artist in the wrold is Andy Wahrol
He reached fame by replicating a photography of marylin which was in the
public domain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Diptych

I am having success with some of my own replications of generic images
but not yet found fame.

But I have a better story to tell
After digitally manipulating my own art work with software multiple times
to play with possible
outputs

I obtained an imaged which I truly love, I thought, this is it

 Before sending it to the gallery, I wanted
to check that , by chance, it was not too similar to other work out there
and guess what. I have found a lot of other paintings including works
auctioned by Christies
that are very very similar to my digitally enhanced artwork
Now, as an engineer, I have started to think that the digital imaging
manipulation
algorithms offered by software are all very very similar and that many
successful contemporary artists are using them

we need more creative algorithms

I can see why a NN would come handy provided the recipes are kept secret
Ie, if the seed data is not known, and if the configuration of the
convolution is not known
nobody will be able to prove that the painting has been made by the algo
I understand why I need one a nn to help me produce unique art work

PDM