Re: perfect knowledge in AI

With all due respect to Spock, logic is overrated as it fails to consider uncertainties and has problems with inconsistencies, moreover, it doesn’t take the statistics of prior knowledge into account. Logic is replaced by plausible reasoning based upon rational beliefs, and taking care to avoid cognitive biases.

> On 10 May 2022, at 05:06, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Adeel and all
>
> It must be logically correct, however logic must be built on a model that is reasonably complete (for some purpose)\
> In the sense that i aim to create say,  perfect knowledge about something (or anything), unless the model is representative (adequate)
> the logic (logical model) may not be complete
> that  actually could be wrong (not adhere to truth)
>
> Even a logical correctness must be complete
> to be adequate
>
> You can have a correct logic that is not adequate and far from perfect
> (many policies are logically correct but do not cover the domain)
>
> Perfect knowledge, in the sense of knowledge that mirrors truth
> without cognitive /subjective ileterin can be neither complete nor correct and still be true.
>
> Just sayin.
>
> Maybe the notion of perfect knowledge has to be functionally defined to be able to exchange meaningfully about it.
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 6:45 PM Adeel <aahmad1811@gmail.com <mailto:aahmad1811@gmail.com>> wrote:
> No, perfection implies logical correctness within the defined constraints of representation, but under the open-world assumption, it should not imply completeness.
>

> On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 11:30, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com <mailto:paoladimaio10@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Does Perfection imply completeness?
> Discuss
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 2:47 PM ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com <mailto:metadataportals@yahoo.com>> wrote:
> If perfect implies complete, we can rule it out because of the proofs by Godel and Turing on incompleteness and undecidability.
> The concept of perfect only exists in mathematics with the definition of perfect numbers.
> Unbiased reasoning that leads to results for which truth values can be determined in terms of validity, reproducibility, equivalence and causal relationships are the best way to go for knowledge representation. Knowledge and for that matter consciousness as well are as yet not unequivocally defined, and as such perfection in this context is not attainable.
>

> Milton Ponson
> GSM: +297 747 8280
> PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
> Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
> Project Paradigm: Bringing the ICT tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide through collaborative research on applied mathematics, advanced modeling, software and standards development
>

> On Sunday, May 8, 2022, 04:15:01 AM AST, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com <mailto:paola.dimaio@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> Dave R's latest post  to the cog ai list reminds us of the ultimate. Perfect knowledge is a thing. Is there any such thing, really? How can it be pursued?
> Can we distinguish
> perfect knowledge rom its perfect representation

> [...]

W3C Data Activity Lead & W3C champion for the Web of things