Re: COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19),

Milton, I can't answer your question directly but I can help make it
easier to discover the answer, by rendering the goal and objectives of
the Allen Institute's project in StratML format at
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#ESOC19

If by the "US federal task force" you  mean the National Security
Commission for AI, their first-quarter recommendations are available in
StratML format at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#NSCAI

If they follow the form implied by the title of their publication,
they'll have additional recommendations every three months.  However, if
they continue to publish them in non-standard, non-machine-readable
format, capabilities like the Allen Institute's will be required to help
people make sense of them.

What I CAN tell you with a high degree of confidence is that the need
for AI2's project highlights the reality that supposedly smart people
are behaving antisocially by failing to specify and use internationally
adopted voluntary consensus standard schemas, like StratML.  If they
were doing so, AI2 wouldn't need to use periods (.) as the delimiters
for the structure of information. Instead, each logically separable
element would be tagged and query services could take advantage of both
the semantics as well as the structure of the "context" (documents) in
which they occur. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document

Reality is what it is ... but we should aim to improve upon it. The
first step is to make reality salient in ways that are comprehensible.
Failing to do so is a symptom of artificial ignorance, in which case the
underlying biases and motivations become highly relevant.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur/

Owen