Re: Welcome and Introductions

Greetings:

I am Carl Mattocks, for 30 + years I have taken a pragmatic approach in
developing AI & KR capabilities. Thus I easily accepted Paola's suggestion
to name the group AIKR.
I suggested the ChatBot centric areas because I believe to have any chance
of proven success, AIKR must be applied as in, have a national language /
discipline specific context / domains / dimensions / vectors etc.

I support the idea that  (1) the vocabulary should include KR terms as well
as AI terms; (2)  knowledge is best stewarded as a property of a
community-of-practice; (3) AIKR should be published in a compendium (4)
which is likely to have some kind of blockchain &  AIKR miners.

As reference material I start with links to UIMA work .. so we can take
advantage of the NLP oriented capabilities.

cheers

Carl Mattocks
http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlmattocks carlmattocks@gmail.com

Reference:
A number of NLP research institutes  based their software development
efforts on UIMA specifications to adhere to emerging standards.
http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2008/workshops/W16_Proceedings.pdf

UIMA, the Unstructured Information Management Architecture, is an
open-platform middle-ware for dealing with unstructured information (text,
speech, audio, video data), originally launched by IBM.
Apache Software Foundation has a project for developing UIMA-based software
https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.6.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html.
 Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards
(OASIS) hosted a Technical
Committee to standardize the UIMA specification.
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27025/UIMA_Specification_Draft_v1.doc
 A number of NLP research institutes  based their software development
efforts on UIMA specifications to adhere to emerging standards.
http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2008/workshops/W16_Proceedings.pdf

It was a pleasure to clarify