From: tristenbreitenfeldt@gmail.com <tristenbreitenfeldt@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2024 1:42 PM
To: public-agwg-comments@w3.org <public-agwg-comments@w3.org>
Subject: [wcag-3.0] YOUR TOPIC HERE

CAUTION: This email message has been received from an external source. Please use caution when opening attachments, or clicking on links.

Hello,

While the “Distinguishable sectionsEXPLORATORY

Sections are visually and programmatically distinguishable” outcome is certainly relevant, as a screen reader user and accessibility tester, I also believe there needs to be a requirement for clearly labeled semantic landmarks which separate and contain distinct page content.  Examples include Header, Main Navigation, Breadcrumb Navigation, Main content, Aside, Footer, etc…

Landmarks are well supported in most browsers, are easy to implement using modern programming languages such as HTML 5, ARIA, and Javascript, provide great benefits to assistive technology users, and are easy to test for.

Thanks,

Tristen Breitenfeldt

[CPACC Certified]