RE: Accessible Online Learning CG - June update and call to contribute

Dear all,

I want to share a suggestion about the section OUTSIDE SCOPE1 in the document, about IMS AfA and its equivalent ISO/IEC 24751, where there is this question for AccessLearn: "this may be out of scope, but was prioritized relatively high. Ideas on how to address?".

Maybe AccessLearn could work on a proposal of Afa extension using WCAG, applying the standard procedure established to extend or refine Afa. See section 5 and 6 in https://www.imsglobal.org/accessibility/afav3p0pd/AfA3p0_BestPractice_v1p0pd.html

Now, Some limited relationships between Afa and WCAG exist. For example, sections 3.7 and 3.8 in the DRD spec: https://www.imsglobal.org/accessibility/afav3p0pd//AfA3p0_DRDinfoModel_v1p0pd.html#toc-13
In section 3.8, it establishes a metadata for learning digital resources named atInteroperable:
"The resource is compatible with assistive technologies. Setting this resource metadata indicates compliance with WCAG 2.0 checkpoints: 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 2.4.4, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.3.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2."

But probably we can propose other useful metadata related with WCAG.

We are investigating in this way, together the University of Alcalá (Spain) with the Salesian Polytechnic University (Ecuador). I am copying to my colleagues Paola (Ecuador) and Salvador (Spain) experts in IMS Afa, and involved in this research.

Regards

José R. Hilera
Department of Computer Science
University of Alcalá – Spain