MSU Accessible Learning Conference 2018: Call for Proposals!

Hi all

Forwarding a call for proposals for the 2018 edition of Michigan State University’s annual Accessible Learning Conference, which may be of interest to some people on this list. Details below…

Dave

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Sonka, Kate" <ksonka@MSU.EDU>
> Subject: [ITACCESS] MSU Accessible Learning Conference 2018: Call for Proposals!
> Date: 22 August 2018 at 17:00:14 BST
> To: ITACCESS@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
>
> Greetings,
>
> The Accessible Learning Conference <http://accessiblelearning.org/> (ALC) Planning Committee is excited to announce that the Call For Proposals is open! This year the conference theme is ‘Accessibility for Social Justice’.
>
> Taking place at Michigan State University on December 6-7, 2018, the fourth annual ALC will provide attendees with a range of sessions exploring universally accessible courses, websites, and content. We place a strong emphasis on student involvement in this conference as a way to provide the experience they need to present their own research and work, as well as be able to interact with future peers and collaborators around this very important topic, so please encourage your students to participate.
>
> This year we are asking those who submit proposals to choose a length of time and level of involvement for their presentation. This approach is twofold in that it allows presenters to select the format that is best for them, and will also allow conference attendees the ability to select sessions that match their engagement preference level. More information about this can be found on the ALC Call for Proposals page <http://www.accessiblelearning.org/call-for-proposals/>.
>
> We hope you will consider submitting a proposal <http://www.accessiblelearning.org/call-for-proposals/> for ALC before the October 1 deadline. If you would like assistance filling out the CFP form, please contact Jessica Knott (jlknott@msu.edu <mailto:jlknott@msu.edu>).
>
> General conference registration will open in early October. In the meantime, please email Kate Sonka (ksonka@msu.edu <mailto:ksonka@msu.edu>) with any general questions about the conference. See you in December!
>
> Best regards,
> Kate
> --
> Kate Sonka
> Assistant Director of Academic Technology
> College of Arts & Letters
> Michigan State University
> Director, Accessible Learning Conference <http://www.accessiblelearning.org/>
> she/her/hers
>
> Reach a wider audience. Style your Word documents <https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Make-your-Word-documents-accessible-d9bf3683-87ac-47ea-b91a-78dcacb3c66d#bkmk_winbuiltinheadings> to be accessible!

David Sloan
--
UX Research Lead
The Paciello Group