Fwd: "Adult" ratings...

forwarding it.  I hope someone will respond.

Alan

>Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 14:46:18 -0600
>From: Reg <regi776@erols.com>
>To: kotok@w3.org, quint@w3.org, chris@w3.org
>CC: dsr@w3.org, regi@england.com
>Subject: "Adult" ratings...
>Hello Gentleman,
>
>My name is Reginald Holmes.  You don't know me or anything, I just had a
>thought on how we could 'protect' our children and viewers who are
>offended by 'Adut' matterials.
>
>I'm not sure if you are the guy to talk to about this but you might know
>who, and let me know how to get in touch with him/her.  If you or other
>individual are interested in this idea(1 of millions you get daily I'm
>sure...) just let me know.  I'm not wanting anything for it accept that
>it might help parents as their children go on to the net...
>
>The idea is simply add a new HTML tag:
>
><ADULT>
>
>It can have various levels of extensions such as:
>
>Sexual,Nudity,Language,etc...
>
>I hope that this might help, and have a nice day...  ;)

Alan Kotok, Associate Chairman                          mailto:kotok@w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium                                 http://www.w3.org
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science,  545 Technology Square,  Room NE43-409
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA     Voice: +1-617-258-5728    Fax: +1-617-258-5999