Re: Any SSL3 DH Key Exchange servers out there?

At 5:43 AM -0800 1/28/97, David P. Kemp wrote:
>It's true that "mix and match" CipherSuites are cause for concern and
>need to be carefully analyzed.  And, as Wagner&Schneier points out,
>SSLRef 3.0b1 (a beta version) failed to include a check for the change
>cipher suite message, which could cause a problem with
>authentication-only CipherSuites but not with encrypted CipherSuites.
>This was an implementation error, not a protocol specification error,
>but I agree with W&S that the protocol specification should be changed
>to be more resistant to implementation errors.

BTW, that particular bug was fixed in SSLRef 3.0 final, and of course in
SSL Plus. I suspect that there are a number of proprietary implementations
that have similar bugs.

Also, my belief is that the above "implementation" error will be covered
when we release the new TLS draft.

..Christopher Allen                  Consensus Development Corporation..
..<ChristopherA@consensus.com>                 1563 Solano Avenue #355..
..                                             Berkeley, CA 94707-2116..
..Home of "SSL Plus:                      o510/559-1500  f510/559-1505..
..  SSL 3.0 Integration Suite(tm)" <http://www.consensus.com/SSLPlus/>..