Re: Example of how attribute certificates are used?

Tom Holodnik wrote:

> Folks,
>      There have been several email messages describing what attribute
> certificates are, but none which detail any protcols in which they're
> used. Several scenarios have been mentioned, but nothing that I would
> classify as a protocol.
>      Has this been discussed? I haven't seen anything like this
> in the archives.  Sorry if I'm retreading old topics.
>
> thanks,
>
> Tom Holodnik
> Manager of Systems Development
> GALT Technolgies, Inc.
> P: (412)-681-6100
> F: (412)-681-6936
>
> ps- Is there a new Internet draft for SSL which includes the
> errata?

  Hi, this may be useful though it's not exactly what you asked for:

       We are currently developing a hierarchic distributed key
management and certification protocol that could be really useful for
Internet as it would not concentrate the load of key management on one
server. What is more, it does not cause thse famous "islands of
interoperation" because it can grow dinamically and can connect those
islands. We would like to know how can we propose it, or who can tell us
the way all the development of Internet Standards is carried out.

   Thank you.
   Antonio.
                          ~~~~~
                         ( o o )
  ! Antonio Mana Gomez               eMail: amg@lcc.uma.es !
  ! Departamento de Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computacion !
  !        E.T.S.I.Informatica.    Desp. 1.2.B.19          !
  !                Campus de Teatinos.                     !
  !               29071 MALAGA (SPAIN)                     !
  ! Phone: (+34) 5 213 27 54        Fax: (=34) 5 213 13 97 !