Re: Comment on Draft Charter

From: Taher Elgamal <elgamal@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:08:13 -0800
To: Barb Fox <bfox@microsoft.com>
Cc: ietf-tls@w3.org
Barb Fox wrote:

> Read the draft charter published on this list and noticed the following:
>
> July 96  Final draft for Secure Transport Layer Protocol   "STLP"
>
> This date wasn't mentioned in the BOF.  Doesn't this presume that a
> Proposed Standard has already come from the working group?
>
> Barb Fox
> bfox@microsoft.com

These are "guess" dates at this point. The point is that if we were to
get an RFC by the end of the year -- a "final" draft needs to be
available soon.

My guess is that the sooner this get resolved the better -- with the
right technical soltion of course. We also have enough combined
expertise that this is not totally out of the question.

--
Taher Elgamal	    elgamal@netscape,com
Chief Scientist, Netscape Communications