Re: Adoption call for draft-wicg-http-no-vary-search

> On Aug 18, 2024, at 7:38 PM, Tommy Pauly <tpauly@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2024, at 7:10 PM, Tommy Pauly <tpauly@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello HTTP,
>>
>> This email starts a working group adoption call for "No-Vary-Search”, draft-wicg-http-no-vary-search. This document was discussed at the IETF 120 meeting last week.
>>
>> You can find the datatracker page and content of the document here:
>> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wicg-http-no-vary-search-01.html
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wicg-http-no-vary-search/
>>
>> This call will last for 3 weeks, and end on Friday, August 32. Please reply to this email to indicate if you support the working group taking on this work, along with any other reviews and comments. We’re particularly interested to see any comments about implementation intent.
>
> Reminder that this call is ongoing—also it ends on August 23rd. Sorry for the typo!

Sorry for the late reply here as well…

I’m in favor of adoption here, from a CDN perspective these mechanisms are critical. As I think has been pointed out already, in the Mozilla statement and maybe others, there are some wrinkles around how to deal with this “double lookup” mechanism; you have to have the No-Vary-Search response header before you can do the final cache lookup.

If adopted, working out those details would be required.

— Leif