Re: Method Mania

Same here..  Patrick also said:

> "The better question is under what circumstances do we want to allow
> those devices to "break" and force them to fix the implementations?"

Maybe a reasonable interpretation of Patrick's statement is that it's time
to be *bold.  *HTTP/1.1 RFC2616 was published in 1999.  It's the 25 year
anniversary. 🥳  In the intervening years, the IETF has done a great job
evolving the transport.  That's created the foundation for things we
couldn't do back then.   I don't think it was a coincidence that Lisa
Dusseault was in the room.  The universe is speaking to us.  Maybe it's
time for a WebDAV re-spin..  The web could also have standardized pub/sub.

If we add new functionality that users and devs want, and makes admin life
easier, that could be helpful in driving better implementations, and uptake
of HTTP/2/3 and masque proxying.

--

---
*Josh Co*hen