Re: How to set up a proxy test framework?

I just talked to Claude about this, and the two of us came up with a
cool experiment to run with two Squid proxies that we can set up:

 1. A Squid proxy we've implemented cool Braid versioning features into.
 2. A Squid proxy that's plain vanilla, knowing only legacy HTTP.

This experiment will produce knowledge on:

    1. New Squid Features with Braid Versioning:

      * Version-aware caching: Store and serve multiple versions of
        resources efficiently
      * Granular version control: Retrieve specific historical versions
        of content
      * Optimized updates: Support for incremental and partial content
        updates
      * Enhanced collaboration: Enable distributed editing capabilities
        directly through HTTP
      * Improved cache consistency: Better handling of race conditions
        and concurrent modifications

    2. Backwards-Compatibility:

      * Header handling: How legacy proxies manage new Braid-specific
        headers
      * Caching behavior: Impact on existing caching mechanisms when
        version information is present
      * Performance implications: Overhead introduced by version-related
        data in legacy systems
      * Protocol degradation: How versioned requests/responses behave
        when passing through non-Braid-aware infrastructure
      * Potential pitfalls: Identify any unintended consequences or
        breakages in existing proxy functionalities

Oh, and Claude also says he welcomes any feedback or suggestions from
the group.

This discussion has been very generative already! Thank you!

Michael