Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-jaju-httpbis-zstd-window-size-00.txt

This seems fine.  And 8M is a fine choice of limit.

However, I don't think that ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ is a good interoperability strategy:

> Decoders are free to support higher or lower limits, depending on local limitations, if negotiated out-of-band. Many deployments of Zstandard operate in controlled, private environments and can directly communicate with their encoder and decoder to negotiate a higher or lower limit.

I think that it is obvious that decoders could support more.  But supporting less would not be following the standard.  The same goes for an encoder that wants a larger window.

We should encourage people to choose a different way of identifying that content-coding.  In other words, encoding > 8M or decoding < 8M is not Content-Encoding: zstd.