Re: Proposal Towards Universal HTTP/3, with a polyfill of QUIC for TCP (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kazuho-httpbis-http3-on-streams-00.txt)

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024, at 16:38, Roberto Peon wrote:

> To avoid deadlock with TCP or TCP-like things, we’d have to guarantee we could always read (what is for QUIC and H3 async) control stuff from the socket, which would require always reading all bytes/frames sent on the socket, always.
>
> I’m unsure if that same text is sufficient (haven’t thought about the conflicting congestion control stuff), but it is certainly a good start. I believe it might be sufficient for effectively tunneling H3 over TCP… probably. Certainly it wouldn’t work without said text.

Agreed. We're close approaching IETF document deadlines so I'm not sure we'll have enough time to address things fully. I create a GitHub issue so we don't forget - https://github.com/kazuho/draft-kazuho-quic-quic-on-streams/issues/9

Cheers,
Lucas