Re: AD Review of draft-ietf-httpbis-sfbis-05

Hi Carsten!

> On 30 Jan 2024, at 2:38 am, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org> wrote:
>
> On 2024-01-29, at 15:41, Francesca Palombini <francesca.palombini@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>
>> What parts of [I-D.draft-bray-unichars] is the reader supposed to look at? Or if it is the whole document, could we have some context around it?
>
> It seems that sfbis refers to Unicode codepoints where it should have referred to Unicode scalar values (what are said to be codepoints now, need to allow encoding in UTF-8, which only applies to Unicode scalar values).

People seem to have strong and conflicting beliefs about the correct terminology here -- others have asserted the opposite in my recollection.

So I'm afraid that before I'm willing to change the spec (again) I need see a reference supporting any assertions, and agreement on its interpretation.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/