Re: Adoption call for draft-schwartz-httpbis-optimistic-upgrade

Yes, we should adopt it.

Maybe the first thing we should do is add a clear description of what a client OR server can do to avoid the problems.  The server treating Upgrade as implying Connection: close might be a good start, counter to what Section 4 currently says.  We should not be recommending mitigations that only one affected party can deploy.