Re: Suggestions for HTTP/2, RFC 9113, Section 2.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024, at 17:49, Rupinder Singh wrote:
> When we say HTTP (or HTTP 1.1) is
> stateless, we mean HTTP, at the application layer, admits no idea of
> session-state or connection-state; there could be connections at the
> lower TCP layer.

I like this characterization.

Yeah, I really don't know about the bit about "application layer".  One view says that the application layer is a broad and welcoming church that accepts many things and that HTTP/2 is really just a component of HTTP, which is very much an application protocol.  Alternatively, you might reasonably classify the mapping protocols (/1.1 and /2) as being somewhere else in the OSI model.  It's all a bit academic for me, really.