Re: No-Vary-Search

<bikeshed>
I think No-Vary-Cache is a worse header name than No-Vary-Search. It says
nothing about the URL query/search field and could just as easily describe
the HTTP request headers or other things that the response doesn't vary on.
That means it should include *something* that indicates the URL
query/search field.

As for the Cache part, it's not *really* a statement about the cache
anyway. It's a statement about whether the *response* to this request
varies on some property. The cache is just the primary reason for the
client to care about this information. So, matching the precedent with the
Vary header, I think "Vary" is enough to capture this aspect of the name
without adding "Cache".

I agree the combination of the two is awkward. It's unfortunate that
"search" is a bit overloaded of a term, and everywhere is inconsistent
about whether it's the "query" or the "search", but removing any reference
to the field at all is even worse. (Tossing out an idea without opinion,
No-Vary-(Search|Query|URL)-Params? It's really the individual params being
targeted and not the overall search/query string.)
</bikeshed>