Re: Artart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-message-signatures-16

I agree with this approach as well. I think part of the problem here is different readings of “security mechanism”. When I see that, I read it as in “this is a piece that does a specific action”, something inherently part of a larger machine. Others seem to be reading this more as “security solution”, which is to say the plans for the whole machine. That was never the intended reading.

 — Justin