Re: signatures vs sf-date

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 10:48 PM Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
<snip much context>

> What I'm looking for is a strategy that avoid tons of flags in parsers,
> and confusing APIs when using them.

I'm a little confused by what you want. Is the situation the following:

I put in a new kind of field for a new field My-Field. That new kind
isn't understood by existing code, implementations that want My-Field
to be parsed need to update their parser to parse the new kind.

Because to me that's how everything should work. I'm not sure what the
alternative is: how do we expect to parse fields whose grammer is not
defined yet?

Sincerely,
Watson

--