Re: Draft v1 Update for Resumable Uploads

Glenn,

Speaking as WG Chair -

> On 20 Jun 2022, at 2:23 pm, Glenn Strauss <gs-lists-ietf-http-wg@gluelogic.com> wrote:
>
> Guoye, I respectfully request that you remove yourself from the authors
> drafting this RFC.

Your request isn't appropriate. Their draft is an individual Internet-Draft, and not yet a WG item. Even if it were, authorship reflects the relationship between the person and the document, not people's estimation of who belongs there.

> You continue to struggle with numerous concepts in
> existing standards, including basic HTTP semantics and PATCH media-type,
> and that does not lend itself to productive creation of new RFCs.

This kind of pronouncement isn't helpful to good faith discourse in the group. Please refrain from conveying your opinions about others' competence.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/