Re: Draft for Resumable Uploads

---- On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 23:09:32 -0700 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote ----

Am 05.04.2022 um 08:05 schrieb Eric J Bowman:
>  >
>  > First, how does it uniquely identify a resumable upload?
>  >

> A 206 response to a non-range request uniquely, unambiguously, and
> elegantly identifies an incomplete resource. Identifying a resource as
> both incomplete *and* completeable, introduces tight coupling at the
> protocol layer.

It's an interesting idea; but we would need to modify the core specs for
that (right now it's only defined for responses to range requests).

Best regards, Julian

Exploring the undefined aspects of HTTP to flesh out the core specs, is preferable to me over adding to or even extending HTTP. Y'all never told me *not* to respond 206 on a non-range request. Implementations just don't care about 206 being undefined for this; they just "fall back to 200". As they should. Nothing breaks.

-Eric