Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-targeted-cache-control-02

Hi Elwyn,

Thanks for the review; responses below.

> On 24 Dec 2021, at 1:41 am, Elwyn Davies via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> wrote:
>
> s2.3, para 4:  The infomational reference [AGE-PENALTY] is not a publically
> available document.  This is not a vital reference and I expect that people
> trying to build a CDN cache system would be aware of this discussion but it
> would be useful to have a reference that is publically available to explain the
> issue.

Did you click on 'publisher site', which (at least from my browsers) leads to a PDF?

> Nits/editorial comments:
>
> s2.1, para 1: A reference to the IANA page for the is desirable
> (https://www.iana.org/assignments/http-cache-directives/http-cache-directives.xhtml)

See:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/04dc6e16438568

> s2.2, para 1:  s/A cache that implement/A cache that implements/

See:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/f64e767699

> s2.3, para 1:  In the last sentence:
> In particular, a targeted cache might have longer freshness lifetimes available
> to it than other caches, causing it to serve responses that appear to be
> prematurely (or even immediately) stale to them,
>
> It needs to be adjusted to make it clear what the final 'them' refer to..

Suggestions welcome; it's reasonably clear to me.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/