Re: Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-http2bis-06

Thanks for all of these Jörg.  They are most helpful.

I've opened an issue to track all of these:

https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/990

If you feel so inclined, that page links to all the changes that I've proposed.  Nothing there is particularly exciting, but it might help answer some of the questions you had, if you are curious.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021, at 09:06, Joerg Ott via Datatracker wrote:

> Confused: it disables server push, but the server can send PUSH_PROMISE frames
> and then the client is supposed to reset a stream it wasn't willing to accept or
> capable of accepting? Which stream number would the server legitimately put
> into the PUSH_PROMISE?

The key missing piece here is that PUSH_PROMISE causes a stream to become "reserved", which doesn't count against the stream limit.  So you can send PUSH_PROMISE without having streams spare.  It's a weird bit in the design.