Re: SETTINGS_ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL and new protocols

On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 10:05:31AM -0700, David Schinazi wrote:
> In general I much prefer the "try what you want to do and
> failover if you fail" approach over the "ask for permission first" approach
> because the latter introduces time-to-check-to-time-of-use issues.

Yeah, that's exactly the reason we went into that direction for
early-data :-)

It can sometimes be difficult to deal with on intermediaries, but with
a CONNECT you're not supposed to start sending your data anyway so I
think that retrying on a failure is much less difficult in this case.

Willy