Re: SETTINGS_ENABLE_CONNECT_PROTOCOL and new protocols

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021, at 12:03, David Schinazi wrote:
> I'm not sure it's really possible to solve the "as a client I want to
> know all the feature set of this server" because the first intermediary
> might know what all its backends support.

That's a nice philosophy.  That seems like the cleanest outcome.  However, it doesn't give me an answer to the dilemma from before:

> That means that there are cases where the connection supports the ability to negotiate :protocols in general, the resource supports this specific :protocol, and the combination of the two doesn't.

I'm aware of cases where this happens already and we jump through all sorts of hoops as a result.  Are you suggesting that we just live with this situation because it is unavoidable?