Re: cookie-radius / http-equiv="cookie"

From: Rafal Pietrak <cookie.rp@ztk-rp.eu>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 17:19:15 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

W dniu 24.10.2021 o 10:32, Amos Jeffries pisze:
> On 13/10/21 8:38 pm, Rafal Pietrak wrote:
>> Dear Everybody,
>>
>> Some time ago I've drafted a proposal for cookie-radius
>> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pietrak-cookie-scope/). This was
>> not received well, so I've decided not to press the matter.
>>
>> But, since then I've learned, that there is a (currently depreciated)
>> http-equiv.set-cookie <meta> tag attribute. Since this was implemented
>> in most browsers, may be an improved definition of it's semantics could
>> make it useful again.
>>

> Please be aware that "http-equiv" META are expected to cause the Browser
> the same behaviour as if the key name (here "set-cookie") was a received
> HTTP header.

Yes, I expect that. That's the reason, why I've suggested a change of
the actual name of the header line (to plain "Cookie") - to indicate the
requirement to "slightly" break the http-equivalence. (I've called it
"cookie" to stumble a "too direct" reading, not to suggest any actual
definition - that's to be worked out by the working group).

> So your proposal needs to be made to change RFC 6265 as changes to the
> Set-Cookie and Cookie headers themselves.

OK. Yes. Great. But is it possible? I'll be more then willing to help
work it out: cook the phrasing, provide arguments, analyse consequences,
etc.

With best regards,

--
Rafał Pietrak