Re: Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-07: (with COMMENT)

Hi Ben!

Thanks for the comments. Responses below.

> On 13 Oct 2021, at 6:37 am, Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the updates in the -07; they look good.
>
> Two remarks on the new content in the -07:
>
> In Section 2.1.1 the prose accompanying the example that uses
> a 429 response code mentions "the reverse proxy", but the
> Proxy-Status list members in the example have been changed to
> no longer mention "SomeReverseProxy" in favor of an example hostname
> specific to a given deployment.

See:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/0bb14623e07

> The template for the proxy error types registry (Section 2.4), as
> well as the initial registry contents in Sections 2.3.x, use the
> phrase "Only generated by intermediaries".  My apologies if I made
> this comment already and it was discarded, but that phrasing is
> easy to misread as saying that the *error* was only generated by
> intermediaries, when the intent is that the (possibly partial)
> response content was only generated by intermediaries.  So I'd consider
> adding "response", for "Response only generated by intermediaries"
> (or similar) to forestall such confusion.

Thanks, I was uncomfortable with that phrasing and I think you've pointed out why. It's somewhat unwieldy (and was before too), but at least now accurate. See:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/8872f7477ad44

If no one sees any immediate issues with those changes, I'll submit a new revision shortly.

Cheers and thanks again Ben,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/