Re: Standard for upgrading based on URL?

Upgrading a connection from HTTP/1 to HTTP/3 isn't possible since they use
different underlying transports (TCP vs QUIC).

What would be the use case for starting a TLS connection using HTTP/1 and
then later upgrading to HTTP/2, instead of always using HTTP/2 on the
connection? The in-band upgrade mechanism provided for h2c only exists so
that a client without prior knowledge can use h2c; a similar mechanism
isn't needed for h2 (over TLS) because the signal that HTTP/2 is supported
is carried in ALPN.