Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http-structure-retrofit-00.txt

Hi Mark,

I was just reading Mike's draft and was reminded of the shape of Alt-Svc:

  alt-value     = alternative *( OWS ";" OWS parameter )
  alternative   = protocol-id "=" alt-authority

That doesn't fit the dictionary syntax in RFC 8941.  Dictionaries can't have a value and parameters at the same time:

  dict-member    = member-key ( parameters / ( "=" member-value ))

I conclude that SF-Alt-Svc is necessary to make this fit.  I don't know how to do that exactly, but it seems like you could fix the ALPN issue at the same time.  Having a restriction on what ALPN we can use for future HTTP versions doesn't seem like it would be a big burden, so maybe ``SF-Alt-Svc: h3-9000;h="authority.example:443";ma=12345'' isn't so bad.