Re: Port 80 deprecation

On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 01:25:26PM +0900, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
> I wonder if it isn't time to write a small RFC that lists the cases where
> encryption,... isn't appropriate. (Not that I have the expertise or the
> necessary cycles, sorry.)

I'd avoid this. It can easily end up in a flame war because different
people have different opinions on the importance on accessbility,
confidentiality, integrity, tracing etc, and we can be sure that even
the most stupid examples will be defended to death to argument for or
against. Let's just leave it to common sense for as long as we can,
even if it results in a request for deprecation once in a while.

Just my two cents,
Willy