Re: Proposal for new `Partitioned` cookie attribute

Hi Kaustubha,

Thanks for bringing up a proposal. It doesn't appear that you're currently asking for adoption in RFC6265bis (which would be required to standardise it, since cookies don't allow independent extension), but FYI for when you're ready:

The process that we've agreed to for RFC6265bis is that all proposals for new features and substantial changes need to go through a consensus-building process before they can be incorporated into the document.[1]

For it to be considered, you'll need to write it up as an Internet-Draft (so that it has the appropriate IPR declarations, among other reasons). If necessary, we can get someone to help you with that.

Then, we'll discuss it on-list, and optionally you can present something in one of our meetings. Provided that initial feedback is positive, we'll do a Call for Adoption; if the bar described in [1] is met, we'll take it on and the editors will start incorporating it into the document.

Note that we don't recognise the WICG as having any weight in this process.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the process, and if/when you're ready to move forward, please tell us.

Cheers,

1. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2015OctDec/0165.html

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/