Re: Results from adopting HTTP/3 priority

From: Yang Chi <yangchi@fb.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:30:26 +0000
To: Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>, Alan Frindell <afrind@fb.com>
I should also note that part of the experiment result (the critical API experiment mentioned in Alanís email) was done without scheduling fresh data and loss data together. Back then, loss data were scheduled separately, before fresh data, but still respect to priority. In other words, we used to send high pri loss data, then low pri loss data, then high pri fresh data, then low pri fresh data. Then we switched to this new scheduler, where it first sends high pri loss data, then high pri fresh data, then low pri loss data followed by low pri fresh data. I didnít see any interesting metrics move since this change though.

Yang