Re: BCP56bis - remaining work

--------
Mark Nottingham writes:

> [However,]
> this BCP is for IETF standards-based HTTP APIs, not all HTTP APIs or all
> uses of HTTP. Given that the IETF is focused on internetworking, the
> examples of localhost APIs don't seem very applicable here.

In the last para before 1.1 that is said quite clearly, but the
abstract feels a bit wishy-washy.

Proposed abstract:

   HTTP is often used as a substrate for other application protocols to
   create HTTP-based APIs.  This document specifies best practices for
   writing specifications that use HTTP to define new application
   protocols for deployment on the Internet, (e.g., in standards efforts).

We should not need to spell out that "other situations" (as the
para before 1.1 calls them) would be smart to use them as well.