Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-bcp56bis-11, "4.14. Maintaining Application Boundaries"

BCP56bis is a set of recommendations for applications that build on top of HTTP, not just commentary on those specs. In particular, the section you're referring to is talking about browser mechanisms for security, which do *not* reference HTTP for this definition; they reference Origin.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/